There are just these few points of Abysmal Law you want to be aware of in The Sonic Abyss:
1. In The Sonic Abyss, the word “Abysmal” is a good thing. For instance, “10 Most Truly Abysmal Songs” refers to good songs that just never quite got the attention they deserved.
2. To qualify for placement in The Sonic Abyss, the album/musician/band/song cannot be overwhelmingly popular or too well known. There are some minor exceptions you’ll see along the way, like the inclusion of Matthias Jabs of Scorpions in the 10 Most Truly Abysmal Guitarists list. Scorpions are a very well known band who have sold mucho pancakes…but how many times do you ever hear people mention Matthias Jabs?
3. Definition: Raview – The Sonic Abyss is a celebration of music I love, so you won’t find me trashing anyone. That’s just not my idea of a good time. Mama always said if you can’t say nothin’ nice then don’t say nothin’ at all. I also find that most people who like to trash bands, etc. on their blogs can barely write a complete, coherent, readable sentence anyway. I refer to my concert and CD reviews as “raviews,” which is a rave and a review.
4. Q: Why do Sonic Abyss “10 Most Truly Abysmal…” lists usually have 11 entries?
A: “These go to 11.” – Nigel Tufnel (Spinal Tap) from This Is Spinal Tap
5. Enjoy Abysmally. Click on the links and try out some new music. You just might discover your new favorite band:)